Undergraduate Juried Scholarship Exhibition
Each spring semester, students submit their best work (not shown in prior scholarship exhibitions) to be considered for scholarship awards and inclusion in the annual Department of Art Undergraduate Juried Exhibition. Members of the faculty and outside jurors select student work for a variety of awards. In general all awards require students to be full-time status (12 credit hours) with fees paid in full and in good academic standing (3.0 GPA).
Department of Art Scholarships
- Mary Martin Picarillo Scholarship, art majors: Preference given to a female graduate from Whetstone High School
- Hoyt L. Sherman Memorial Scholarship Award, art majors
- Aida Cannarsa Snow Endowment Scholarship Award, art majors
- Department of Art Scholarship Award, art majors
- Department of Art Faculty and Staff Scholarship Award, art majors
Area-specific Scholarships (BFA)
- Arthur E. Baggs Memorial Scholarship Award, Ceramics major emphasis
- Brian Bradesca Memorial Scholarship Award, Art and Technology major emphasis
- David J. L. Firestone Photography, Photography major emphasis
- Robert Marion Gatrell Undergraduate Scholarship Award, Drawing and Painting major emphasis
- Susie Gehring Gudenkauf Art Scholarship Award, Drawing and Painting major emphasis
- Charles W. Massey and Ola Belle Massey Printmaking Award, Printmaking major emphasis
John Fergus Family Exhibition
This annual College of Arts and Sciences exhibition showcases scholarship winners from the Department of Art, the Department of Design, and the Department of Arts Administration Education and Policy. Undergraduate art students who have passed Portfolio Review and been accepted into an emphasis area in the Department of Art may submit work for this award competition, managed by the College of Arts and Sciences, which takes place in autumn semester.
College of Arts and Sciences
The College of Arts and Sciences makes annual awards to undergraduate students who have declared a major in the arts and sciences. Review the various scholarships for more information about eligibility and the application process.