Carefully planning your coursework is critical to your success as a student. Your advisor can help you make strategic decisions when selecting classes, review your progress toward your degree, provide guidance to help you navigate the university's policies and services, and identify academic and university resources important to your success. Always plan ahead when scheduling an advising appointment, particularly during peak advising times when advisors may be booked several weeks in advance.

Below are links to some common advising matters. Advising and Academic Services provides comprehensive advising information.

Academic Advisor
Your assigned Arts and Sciences advisor, Amy Needham, is here to help you select courses, identify special academic and career opportunities, meet graduation requirements, understand university policies and procedures, and access campus support services. Amy is located in 254A Hopkins Hall. Call (614) 292-6961 to schedule an appointment.


How do I determine if I should schedule an appointment or visit during same day appointment hours?

Scheduled Appointments (30 mins): Progress check, course projection, graduation application, curriculum petition, registration petition, major change, transfer credit review

Same day Appointments (15 mins): Quick schedule adjustments, simple questions, art minor, withdraw from classes, class drop

University Honors Advising
You may contact Ed Quinn ( with any Arts Honors advising questions. The Arts Honors Program Contract can be found here: College of Arts and Sciences Honors Contract Additional information regarding Arts Honors can be found here.

Declare A Major
When to declare a major, how to declare a major, and what questions you should ask when you are making this decision.

Buckeye Link
Your academic center for information about your academic record is Buckeye Link. View the university's schedule of classes, plan a schedule of classes, register, add/drop a class, see your grades, view your class schedule, view your statement including financial aid, print an advising report, get your degree audit report (DARS), request a transcript, access Carmen, and more.

Policies, and processes for scheduling questions including registering, adding, and dropping a course.

Degree Audit Reporting System/DARS
See how your completed courses satisfy both general and major area course requirements. Access DARS through Buckeye Link, Enrollment and Academic History. You can learn how to run DARS here: DARS_students.pdf.

Academic Status
Information on academic status, academic dismissal, reinstatement, Freshman Forgiveness, Fresh Start, and more. Students who are struggling in a class are encouraged to discuss their difficulty with the course instructor. Academic advisors are also available for assistance in identifying appropriate resources.

Information about graduation, graduating with honors, arts honors, and research distinction (research thesis) can be found here.